106 W Main St #203, KingwoodWV 26537, USA

Health Department

Preston County

What's New!

Check out the latest news concerning public health in Preston County and from around the state of West Virginia


Looking for the latest Calendar of events? Look no further! 
We’re committed to providing you with the latest happenings.


Look here for any additional health concerns or questions you may have

Environmental Services

In addition to the many program pages provided, the Preston County Health Department oversees additional environmental  programs.

For more information on the programs listed below, please contact us. 

Child Care Facilities:
(Family Daycare, Child Care Centers)
These facilities require a permit.  Inspections are performed at least twice per year.  In addition, child care centers also require a food establishment permit.

General Sanitation:
(Schools, Recreational Facilities, Institutions, Lodging Facilities, Care Facilities)  
These programs require a permit under the General Sanitation Rule.  These facilities are inspected at least once per year.

Manufactured Home Communities:
Manufactured Home Communities (formerly Mobile Home Parks) require a permit.  Also any new community must be approved thru this department before any construction begins.  Inspections of parks are performed at least once per year.

Recreational Water Facilities:
(Includes: indoor/outdoor pools, spas, hot tubs, bathing beaches)
These facilities require a permit and are inspected at least twice per year.  Most of these facilities require a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) to be at their disposal.  Any new facilities must be approved prior to construction to insure they meet specification requirements.

Body Piercing/Tattoo Studios:
These facilities require a permit.  They are inspected at least once per year.

Other Programs